Windows 10-optimization: The Untold results

9:53 PM
Windows 10-optimization: The Untold results -

For a few weeks a while back, people had in my house I was bugged about our Internet problem resolve From time to time, devices were unable to connect. No email. No NetFlix. No Minecraft (this last was devastating.)

I traced the problem to my wireless router. The 4-5 year old machine was extremely hot. There were more than 50 connected units! When I originally bought the thing, I had probably only 10 devices are connected.

After buying a new, all went the connection problems.

How do I search starts at the features of the new router

, I saw that there is a built-in Traffic Monitor. So I turned it on.

Here is what I found-while with these graphics in 3 at-interesting looking at it:


It is in the middle of the night a peak in activity. I followed a few days and the peak appears consistently. After some do digging, it turns out that these tips do my Windows 10 PC and my Windows 7 Media Center PC to have their nightly updates.

This leads to an interesting point with regard to Windows 10-optimization. Although told that we are not implemented in Windows 10 Optimization results blog that the optimizations us of an increase of 20% was in server density, what we remember is that many of the improvements we will be considered for the test period.

Take the scheduled task "Customer Experience Improvement Program / Consolidator" as an example. It runs every 6 hours starting at midnight. to be reflected by this optimization in our test results, the test in one of the respective intervals must be performed. If my test just 1 hour running, there is a high probability, I'll have no test run when it completes.

Many of the other scheduled tasks run at the beginning. Most performance tests I've only seen to concentrate on the steady state, means the most of the start scheduled tasks, be missed as part of the test.

So does this mean that our 20% use the optimization for the operation wrong? Of course not, but show it, that in the course of a working day or working, the benefits could be 20% larger.

But in the end, nothing is more better than a real comparison.

Daniel consequences @djfeller
XenApp & XenDesktop Best Practices
XenApp & XenDesktop videos

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar