We do what ?? My story of moving to workAnywhere.

4:36 PM
We do what ?? My story of moving to workAnywhere. -

What happens when you no longer have to sit an allocated space at work to find out?

Briefly? They freak out.

There is a wonderfully warm winter day in Citrix headquarters was in Ft. Lauderdale, and my manager pulled me aside. He said it. Rumblings about a special project, which would require some heavy change management As a change management professional, was always hungry for the next challenge people, I intrigued

What he said something like that was .:

move
to open

Michaels Team seat , everything is not assigned importance. The walls are coming down. No one will have an office. We call it workAnywhere ... and that has never before been done at Citrix.

"Wait," I gasped. "What ?! No one, not even our senior leaders-will have an assigned desk? Just wait. I will not have my own room?"

:: begin hyperventilation and dizziness ::

OK. I breathe again.

I am a practitioner of a discipline change management called , which is going to help initiatives achieve their results, bring by the people who are planning for the trip, so that by the time the organization is ready to have a new idea, innovation, process or system ... the people who are willing to use. By the way, change management professionals changes do not necessarily love, if it happens to us .

This would make a real change challenge.

What made it was dicier that I. Part of the group by the change was concerned, I had a vested interest in ensuring that this went well. I also had the inside scoop on what people felt ... , because it is what I felt.

Once the architectural designs were done, we would have six months to transform mentalities people, while the real estate team transformed the physical space. And we started with a group of shock. We had people almost refuse to make the transition. Most were skeptical, curious to see the consequences, and one or two were (or were pretending to be) thrilled.

Our first all-hands meeting included people ask opt-out and other issues such as who ask below. (BTW - these are the questions you should expect at the beginning, because they for the next reaction is exactly the same):

  • What are we doing about germs [1945013?]
  • How will I find people?
  • How I can not see Manage a team?
  • Where I'm quiet room?

for all, a workplace redesign considering I encourage you to include a plan for staff travel as a priority. If you do not see 't, you are already not possible with a risk of your investment. And, we have seen with Citrix: if the sides were ignored people, and the sponsor is not obliged an entire department to the new arrangement rebelled, petitions assigned back seat. The gains of the higher capacity utilization and cooperation were never realized.

Synergy includes workshops in 2016, where we the people challenges of a workplace redesign will deal directly initiative. And I'll be the Halls roaming, like to talk with you about how we dealt with the change management elements of this pioneering transformation at Citrix.

Synergy Banner

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar