Skype for Business - a paradise 'Cyberpirates

9:28 PM
Skype for Business - a paradise 'Cyberpirates -

So you have decided your old PBX system and enter the world of unified communications trench. Good for you. Well, here's what you should know to keep your data safe from Skype cyber pirates and more ... , because it is one to rely on the tablet not only your fingerprints.

Whether you made to go your decision based on UC employee productivity gains, time savings or converging networks, you can still have questions on the UC solution is best for you. This may be an easier decision than you think, as you probably already have the leading solution and do not know

Skype for Business .:
The Unified Communications tool you already

Skype for Business is a leading UCS solution and is offered in the licensed programs from Microsoft bundled in many popular iterations of office, especially office 365. that's right; there is a good chance that you already own one of the leading UCS solutions available today. And you are not alone.

According to Microsoft, more than 75% of surveyed customers have budget Unified Comms. In fact, 3 out of 4 customers of Citrix UCS acceptance have already chosen Skype for Business as a preferred solution. Skype has such a dominant footprint that 0 of the top Fortune 100 companies use Skype for business and get another 79% of the US enterprise customers or schedule Skype for companies to use

In fact, , you have already experience the consumer Skype for instant messaging with family and friends with. But if we look at Skype for business, we need to look beyond the mere text messages. More than 0% of the business with Skype will be the voice - video feature. I myself am a Skype for Business "heavy" user. I start my day with Outlook, this is true. And of course, Skype is integrated into Outlook. But I have also always been a Skype window visible somewhere on my screen.

For me it is like in the virtual lobby or the coffee break lounge. I see people as they start their day, when they change their status from yellow (away) to green (available).

"Good morning, Bill. How was your weekend?" If I say me. In my home office I know it sounds sad. #WompWomp

If I want to ask someone a question, I know immediately if they are available in a meeting or have stepped away. For those who I can stalk Muahahaha-I want to mark them even, so I get notified when it is available (come on, you know you do it too ... right?) I a sense of get intrigue when one of my contacts in it "do not disturb." (Tag ominous music) What is so important that they each block

A typical Skype for Business conversation

My usual Skype interaction something goes:

[1945001I] need my friend, Penny, to ask something or update. I look at Skype as it is always visible. I see Penny is "yellow" and their status is removed for 11 hours. "Okay", I think. "Penny is in Central time, she is still coming online that way." I grab a coffee and check Facebook. I see Penny change to green, but I'm not going to rush immediately. I give her a few minutes, so they do not, I do not know have been waiting for them to get online. Back again waiting for the physical work, it is as I do that they get to her desk and settled in before I stand in her door.

I open with a Penny IM window, "Good morning." We IM back and forth for a bit and when the call is deep and detailed, we decide that the input is not efficient for longer.

:: RING! :: We open a call Skype. I use my headset and Penny uses her Polycom USB desk phone. But, the call will be involved more deeply and more. So we decide to get our integrated desktop forward to a video call cameras.

"Hello, Penny. She straightened her hair. It looks good."

But the problem that we tackle is involved now bigger and more so Penny and I we decide Lynda need to help us.

"G'morning, Lynda!"

and because Lynda always has something good book (she's a smart cookie, that one), I open the Recording Manager and record the session. Well, everything we say and do, is provided for my review notes for later disposal.

Good news! Lynda has the answer we are looking for. She shares her screen as moderator and shows Penny and me a table with all the answers to what we discuss. Brilliant! Lynda file showed drag and drop on the screen in the Skype chat with the data that answers our question. Penny and I both upload the file from Skype. Now that's efficient!

"I think we covered it. Have a great day all."

We end the call. off cameras and I'm going to listen back to Pandora.

And now the downside ...

Well, a fairly standard Skype for Business interaction and it uses a lot of the capabilities of Unified Comm system.

But may all this ease of communication and co-operation at significant risk.

You see, everything we discussed wrote, and said aloud stored locally on my laptop through the recording and logging options of the Skype client. This file, which was full of confidential information, automatically downloaded to my endpoint. All my Skype contacts, including their address, telephone number and e-mail are automatically saved on my computer. That's a lot of highly sensitive information. Kinda scary, is not it?

And when I left my laptop in the back of a taxi in New Orleans during a Microsoft conference, or "out of place" gets at the airport? Yup, all this data is now at risk. , Breached And as you can see, it is not only simple SMS of

I hear what you say, "How your weekend was":

How can I ensure that my staff productivity gains with Skype have for companies, but my intellectual property remains secure? I do not want to be the lead story on the evening news

BREAKING NEWS
(keyword ominous music dun dun dunnnnnnnnn ):

Citrix a dedicated Skype for business page with all things Skype at a central location released See also: w00t. And? Did you pass the warning on T000 malware for Skype?

Learn to see, such as Citrix, in Part 2, "Backup Skype for Business in a Mobile World" addresses these questions (soon on the Citrix blog) ...

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar