Hotspot Shield Elite Saved Me a malware infection!

6:13 PM
Hotspot Shield Elite Saved Me a malware infection! -

Hotspot Shield Elite and its website scanner may have just saved me a malware brought on my own curiosity and a half -Random internet search. Everything goes to show that having an extra layer of protection against malware can be a good thing.

First, Hotspot Shield Elite gives users an alert if they go to a known malware distribution site. Called "attack pages" within the security industry, they are simply websites that are used to distribute various threats such as malware, phishing, spam and trojans. If a computer user goes to a suspicious site: a warning appears, HSS Elite generates an image of what the site looks like, and users have the choice to leave or continue the suspect page

this is exactly. what happened during my semi-random search on the creators of airplane -. one of the greatest comedies of all time I discovered that many people in flight have also played a role in a film before a lot less known - Kentucky Fried Movie My search has raised a number of results. comments, YouTube videos, and free video streaming site but my second visit to the streaming site, a sprung warning

only legitimate course not equal when it comes to malware

The site was legitimate? Was it malicious? According www.stopbadware.org, an industry association, the majority of attack sites are legitimate sites - often due to negligence administrator - became infected. And decide whether a site is simply poorly maintained or designed to distribute malware is often an impossible task.

But I really wanted to know if there was something on the site that would make antivirus app my laptop go red alert: Malware detected. HSS extinguish Elite, I returned to the site. In the coming times, I am struck with four pop-up ads for natural gas, underwear, online paris, and - best of all - free access to online cameras. With females turning range in the background, all I had to do was go into details such as my name and email address. I got out of there quickly

Advertisements are not only annoying, they can be malicious

Yes, there were several reasons why HSS could block the site -. Although the site itself was not directly malware distribution:

1. Some of the ads were either direct or dubiously scams.

2. All the ads served up could have also contained malware. Malware hidden in advertisements even hit legitimate sites like the New York Times. Given the number of ads on the sites, there were many opportunities for something doubtful to sneak up on the page.

Thus, even if my computer antivirus app is completely updated, thank you for that extra malware protection in Hotspot Shield Elite!

Lyle Frink on Google+

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar