Gmail Hacked? How to protect against malicious websites

4:59 PM
Gmail Hacked? How to protect against malicious websites -

There are two days I received a strange e-mail from my friend. It looked like spam, and after a minute analysis, it was clear that his Gmail mailbox has been hijacked.

Besides the fact that it was sent from the email address from my friend, all the other signs were typical for malicious spam. The message has not submitted, the beneficiaries were hidden, and the message body contained the link with no message. Today I received very similar email from another friend, again from Gmail and again with the same characteristics, so I decided to investigate what is happening here.

Both links were hosted on .net domains, and URL structures were very similar when both ending with /google.html. Both links were supposed to look with confidence because they used the words "plugins", "components", "google" -. So typical social engineering

Hotspot Shield antivirus detection and detection

Hotspot Shield offers protection against malicious websites, so I wanted to try and compare the results with anti-malware program I run antivirus on my laptop. I tried the first link, http: // casemarinadicamerota. net / components / com_ag_google_analytics2 / google.html - the link was blocked by my antivirus marked as "Trojan.HTML.Redirector.an" - I tried the same virtual machine without antivirus and access to page was blocked by Hotspot Shield - great

The second link http: // 3doors. wp-content / net / plugins / Akismet / google.html was not blocked by my antivirus - luckily free VPN Hotspot Shield blocked. Even better! If I have Hotspot Shield works on my computer, I could have been infected. Hotspot Shield really gave me extra layer of malware protection -. Exactly as it claims

Both infected pages appear to be hosted on legitimate sites that were probably hacked by villains and now they are unknowingly spread the infection. One of the sites is Italian and offers accommodation but the infected page is English and offers easy to use from home. Interesting.

Today, more than 80% of all infections distributed via the web, only less than 20% spreads via e-mail, removable media and so on. So having additional protection against malware against Web threats make much sense.

issue common birth So now, how should I behave safely online?

First of all, use common sense. If someone does not know sent you an email with a link or an attachment, never click on it, even if it seems to be the super juicy topic. Get a good antivirus software, you can use free antivirus even, some of them are really good. Get Hotspot Shield VPN to protection against hackers (eavesdroppers) and get the WiFi Security Wi-Fi and benefit from additional protection against malicious websites.

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar